Maintenance MVH TIP
Our service department consists of NATE certified technicians who have maintained and repaired all brands of residential and commercial HVAC systems throughout Central Oregon since 1980. With 24 hour emergency service and convenient scheduling, our technicians are passionate about exceeding your needs and expectations for comfort, safety and energy savings.
One of the most important steps to preventing emergencies and unwanted costs is proper maintenance. Dirt and neglect are the #1 cause of failure from heating and cooling systems. Maintaining your system is far more than changing your filter and our NATE certified technicians perform a comprehensive component check to ensure that your heating and cooling system is efficient, safe and reliable. Just as a tune-up for your car can improve your gas mileage, a yearly tune-up of your heating and cooling system can improve efficiency and comfort. It’s best to check the cooling system in the spring and the heating system in the fall to avoid the busy season once summer and winter come.
Here are the benefits to receiving routine preventive maintenance from Mountain View Heating:
- Operating Cost Savings – As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to heating and cooling. A dirty filter will slow down air flow and make your system work harder to keep you warm or cool — wasting energy. Proper maintenance allows equipment to operate in peak condition, which reduces energy consumption.
- Elimination of Inconvenient Downtime – Identifies potential service problems before they turn into the inconvenience and expense of an emergency repair.
- Extended Equipment Life and Warranty Protection – Manufacturer and extended warranties require routine maintenance. Well maintained equipment can substantially increase system life expectancy. Improperly maintained equipment can lead to premature and expensive system failure.
- Safety – Regular maintenance detects problems and protects you and your family from operating conditions that could emit dangerous fumes from a cracked heat exchanger or the improper venting of an appliance.
- Service you can trust – Our skilled experts know their business and your equipment. Rely on them and our reputation to give you dependable, unparalleled service.
- Keeps contaminants from building up on the internal components
- Prevents restricted airflow, which can put additional strain on the fan motor that may cause your motor to burn out, system to overheat or equipment to fail.
- Improves indoor air quality, which can alleviate allergies, asthma and other illnesses.
- Prevents ductwork from clogging with debris, which can decrease your equipment’s life span and lead to costly repair or replacement expenses.
Your HVAC filter isn’t only for you! It also:
Join our Comfort Club and receive additional savings, priority scheduling and Peace of Mind!
Our Unparalleled Dispatch Team is looking forward to your call.
Installation MVH TIP
Mountain View Heating has been selected for over 35 years by leading home builders, Commercial General Contractors and thousands of Central Oregon homeowners to design, install, service and maintain their heating and cooling systems. As one of the most respected HVAC companies, our NATE certified team of Comfort Advisors and Installation Technicians take caring for you seriously. For residential replacement, protecting you and your home is our top priority. You can count on us to wear our booties, use drop cloths to protect your property and to be respectful and attentive to your wishes. Our Commercial and Residential New Construction estimators and designers give professional, detailed and competitive bids. Quality is not sacrificed on any size job and our installation technicians strive for 100% customer satisfaction. We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with a complimentary estimate for your commercial or residential, remodel, replacement or new construction project.
Here are a few of the benefits of having your installation performed by Mountain View Heating:
- Highly trained NATE certified Comfort Advisors and Installation Technicians to ensure your peace of mind
- Unparalleled Guarantees to support and protect your investment
- Calculations to determine proper sizing of equipment for each application
- High efficiency equipment by brands you can trust; Lennox, Daikin, Aprilaire and Honeywell
- Indoor Air Quality solutions with installations of high efficiency air filters, humidifiers and heat recovery ventilators
- Sealed and tested duct systems that meet Oregon Department of Energy Specifications
- Performance tested systems for the highest efficiency
We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and your feedback is invaluable. Please don’t hesitate to let us know how we are doing.
Oregon Construction Contractors Board advises to AVOID THIS MISTAKE when choosing a Contractor.
“Not getting more than one bid/automatically accepting the lowest bid – Getting more than one bid can help you get a feel for what your project should cost. The old saying “you get what you pay for” generally applies here. A higher bid may be worth the price in better, workmanship and reliability.”
Contact our Comfort Advisor Team to schedule your complimentary estimate.
Duct Cleaning MVH TIP
What are the benefits of Duct Sealing?
Sealing your ducts can create a more comfortable indoor environment, reduce indoor air pollution levels and help lower your monthly energy costs. Studies show the average duct system loses 20 to 40% of its output because of leaks. These same leaky ducts can draw in harmful pollutants from crawlspaces and attics as well as cause fireplaces and furnaces to draw carbon monoxide into the home. Contact our Comfort Advisor Team to find out about available tax credits and utility rebates when having your duct work sealed and tested.
Why would I consider Duct Cleaning?
Duct systems have been shown to act as a collection source for a variety of contaminants that have the potential to affect health. Contaminants such as mold, fungi, bacteria, and very small particles of dust and dust mites – just to name a few. The many benefits include:
- Cleaner, healthier air in your home or office building
- Less time spent dusting
- Lower Utility Bills
- More efficient Heating and Cooling
- Less sneezing and asthma attacks
How Do I Know If I need to Get my Air Ducts Cleaned?
Your air ducts collect and trap dirt, dust pollen and debris on a daily basis. Mold, mildew and other bacteria can grow easily in the collected dirt and debris in your air ducts which can cause problems over time and even make you sick. If you have never had your air ducts cleaned or have moved into a newly constructed home, you should have your air ducts cleaned. If you are experiencing some of the following problems in your home, you might want to consider a thorough air duct cleaning:
- Your walls accumulate a brown fuzz of dust along the vanes
- Layers of dust show up within a day of dusting your house thoroughly
- You have to change your air filters often and they are always thick with dust and debris
- Dry throat or nose when you wake up
- High utility bills due to poor air transfer
- Frequent sneezing when heat or A/C is on
- Frequent asthma attacks in the home
Why is Dryer Vent Cleaning Important?
According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), clothes dryer fires are one of the leading causes of house and structure fires. They have found that dryer vent cleaning on a regular basis can help prevent the danger of house fire along with improving your dryer’s efficiency. We offer a significant savings when your Dryer Vent Cleaning is combined with your Air Duct Cleaning.
How Do I know if I need my Dryer Vent Cleaned?
- Two dryer cycles are required to dry large loads
- The dryer is hot to the touch when running
- Lint builds up quickly in traps
- You can smell dryer lint or burning when drying a load of laundry
MVH TIPThe National Air Duct Cleaners Association recommends getting your air ducts cleaned every three to five years, depending on how often you use your system and if anyone in the home has allergies or asthma. Call or email for duct cleaning rates?
Tax Credits and Rebates MVH TIP
Government agencies, utilities and manufacturers offer a variety of tax credits, rebates and other incentives to support efforts to conserve energy. After new equipment installation, Mountain View Heating will provide all necessary paperwork to ensure getting your tax credits and rebates is effortless.